FlowBelow is a fast-growing company that in the past 9 years has gone from a start-up to a highly recognized OEM supplier. The company's patented technologies are manufactured in the USA and improve the fuel efficiency of long haul tractor-trailers by reducing aerodynamic drag. In light of recent growth, we are looking for experienced, self motivated, dedicated, and talented accounting professionals to expand our team.
Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for month end closing and cost accounting activities in addition to day-to-day financial analysis and reporting. This position:
- Drives for results and success. Inspires a sense of urgency in responding to opportunities and issues.
- Challenges the status quo and champions continuous improvement.
- Works to achieve standards of excellence with our work processes and outcomes. Produces and delivers quality results.
- Presents positive solutions to organizational challenges.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with Management about Department / Organizational issues.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and has the ability to prioritize workload.
- Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations for month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual product costs.
- Provide accurate product cost accounting information including gross margin analysis for management.
- Support and monitor the inventory transactions and cycle counts, and analyze variances.
- Partner with operations team lead for physical inventory and assist in reconciling book to physical inventory.
- Analyze inventory on hand and recommend inventory reserve entries on a quarterly basis.
- Plan, study, and collect data to determine costs for products.
- Analyze purchase price, labor and overhead variances to determine root cause and corrective actions when needed.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Support annual audit, including audit schedule preparation, liaison with operations departments and interface with external auditors.
- Monthly expense variance analysis.
- Property, sales and use tax and franchise tax returns.
- Interface with management in various departments, including engineering, sales and operations.
- Report on margins by product.
- Prepare forecasts, especially related to cost of sales.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA is a plus
- 5+ years general ledger accounting experience is required
- Strong technical accounting background
- Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing processes, inventories, and materials.
- Two years experience with standard costing
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to manipulate and move comfortably around complex spreadsheets with large amounts of data and to understand the connectedness of data within and between various worksheets. Ability to understand and construct time-saving formulas. Ability to audit spreadsheets for errors and inconsistencies. Ability to create and manipulate pivot tables.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities; attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Team player and have ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout Company organization
- ERP experience, IQMS a plus
- FlowBelow offers competitive pay.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision are all offered with portion paid by FlowBelow, depending on plan selection and dependents added.
- Life Insurance
- STD & LTD paid for by employee
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Pay
- Fun, teamwork environment!