Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator is an integral team member within a cross-functional organization. The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to schedule inbound and outbound shipments to meet FlowBelow sales and delivery goals. Shipments will consist of domestic and international FTL, LTL, and parcels. The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator is responsible for controlling shipping costs by selecting carriers with the best rates for each route, using customer accounts when authorized, and minimizing expedited shipping when possible.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with carriers to schedule pick-ups and deliveries of inbound and outbound shipments
- Prepare BOLs and NAFTA certificates (when required) for all pick-up requests
- Ensure proper Company or Customer-provided billing account information is used for each shipment
- Manage shipping and receiving documentation of all goods including verification of packing slips, labels, and shipping addresses
- Ensure all shipments are transacted in the ERP system in real time to maintain accurate shipping transaction history, support EDI transactions, and support inventory accuracy
- Assist material handlers in verifying part number and quantity of received material, documenting received goods on the Receiving Log, and recording any damage to received packages or goods
- Provide packing slips for received goods to Procurement Specialist on a daily basis
- Notify individuals of any received goods directed to their attention
- Provide periodic support of inventory checks and other warehouse operations
- Fulfill other tasks as directed by the Logistics and Fulfillment Manager to support receiving and delivery of products developed by the Company
- Ensure a minimum of 95% on-time delivery
- Ensure accuracy of paperwork and package labeling to minimize shipping errors, support customer satisfaction, and eliminate unnecessary shipments required to correct errors
- Follow all best-practices dictated by Company safety procedures and immediately communicate any situation which might create a safety hazard to Company management and affected staff members
- Provide real-time communication with Company management regarding issues, questions and concerns
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- High school diploma and 2 years of relevant logistics experience
- Extensive experience with freight and express shipments including FTL, LTL, and parcels
- Experience with domestic and international (primarily Mexico and Canada) shipments
- Ability to prepare BOL’s and NAFTA certificates for inbound and outbound shipments
- Experience with ERP systems is preferred
- Strong communicator, self-motivated, problem solver, self-starter, works well with others
- Ability to use Windows-based computer applications: Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Successful experience in an ISO-regulated environment is preferred
- Forklift/Mobile Equipment experience desirable
- FlowBelow offers competitive pay.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision are all offered with portion paid by FlowBelow, depending on plan selection and dependents added.
- Life Insurance
- STD & LTD paid for by employee
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Pay
- Fun, teamwork environment!