R&D Engineer and Fabricator
Summary: FlowBelow is seeking a hands on, creative engineer to conceptualize and fabricate new products for the commercial vehicle industry. Candidates must be willing to relocate to Austin, TX.
- Develop concepts for new fuel savings products for the commercial vehicle industry
- Build production representative prototypes for new concepts as well as design improvement to existing products
- Interface with outside vendors to procure prototype components
- Conduct on-road and controlled track tests to evaluate fuel savings effect of aerodynamic components
- Prepare patent drawings
- Occasional travel to and interface with customers to determine requirements or test fit components
- Occasional travel to test sites
- MUST HAVE industrial experience with fabrication and prototyping
- Experience developing new products from the ground up
- Ability to run a CNC mill, CNC plasma, press brake and welder
- Knowledge of plastic manufacturing processes (injection molding, thermoforming, extrusion)
- 3D CAD skills (prefer Solidworks)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical, aerospace or automotive engineering
- 3+ years of industrial experience in a hands on product development role
- FlowBelow offers competitive pay.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision are all offered with portion paid by FlowBelow, depending on plan selection and dependents added.
- Life Insurance
- STD & LTD paid for by employee
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Pay
- Fun, teamwork environment!